Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Organ Relocation Project aka Pregnancy

Okay, finally found close to what I was looking for, in terms of showing where my organs are located now that baby is taking up most of the space:




This 2nd one is also good:
Originally from this original link



This animated one on the right hand side of the flash animation from the following link http://www.umm.edu/pregnancy/000088.htm is just OKAY. It shows the growth of the baby, but doesn't really show how the stomach relocates north and the intestines straighten out along the back of the baby like the PDF does.

The reason I wanted to know and I'd think ANY pregnant person would want to know is that it's hard to guess what you're feeling when things start moving around. You can't tell what's gas, because it takes you a bit to figure out where your intestines actually are! Stomach gurgling? Well, I'm not used to my stomach being so high up under my ribs. But now, seeing it on a diagram helps me know what took me 4 months of guessing to figure out. If I feel movement from high to low, it's got to be gas because although the baby flops around, it stays in the same general area. The intestines are the only thing that exists both above the uterus and below where the baby is. And so far most of my kicks seem to be actual kicks and not punches if the baby is indeed head down when it happens because he's always kicking the middle to top right of my upper stomach.

Mystery solved. Now why didn't I see drawings like this in any of the bazillion pregnancy books I've been reading?

1 comment:

  1. I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and have been looking for this since I found out I was pregnant. I never thought it would be that hard to find, especially now that everything is online. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete